Friday, July 5, 2013

PASSED!

Just a few days ago I found out that I passed my Sommelier Diploma with the International Sommelier Guild!!!!! Not sure if it has sunk in yet, maybe when I get my pin in the mail and when I pop the '99 vintage Lanson I have been saving:) It was one of the hardest things I have ever done, outside of divorce.... Couldn't have made it through without the support of my partner Chris, classmates who pushed me to learn more, my instructor DJ Kearny and my wine coach Terry Threlfall. I was also fortunate to work part time for Mark Anthony Group in Vancouver which gave me the international exposure to wines I needed.
Ironically, a week after exams were done a documentary of the Master Sommelier Diploma program from the Court of Master Sommeliers was released.  Here is a link to the trailer:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4zeyuk8hL8. I will just point out that it is not the same program that I took. Its more involved and intense, but still comparable in how consuming the last 7 months has been. When Chris and I watched it, we were practically in tears......



No comments:

Post a Comment